3 years ago
Nexus 4 Power Button Long Press (Hold) Not Working How-Tos
Today morning, I faced serious issue with my Nexus 4. Long Press of Power Button i.e. press and Hold of Power button not working in Nexus 4. I got shocked and I almost thought that I might have some serious Hardware Problem. But luckily, it was not the case. It was a software issue and I got my Nexus 4 Power button working as it was earlier. So, I thought to share the trick that saved my Nexus 4 Power Button Press and Hold issue.
How I Replicated Press & Hold Power Button Issue in Nexus 4
I was about to take Screenshot from My Nexus 4. I pressed Power Button and Volume down Key to capture Screenshot but unfortunately I could not take Screenshot. Than I tried to Press and Hold Power button, Screen got locked, but I was not able to Power off the Phone or turn it to Silent Mode from shortcut. I was able to press the Power Button and Lock the Screen, but was not able to Long Press Power Button and turn off the phone. I did lot of rectifying and finally got the solution of the issue.
Solution for Power Button Long Press Not Working Issue
There are two alternate solutions. Just follow this steps:
- Go to the Home Page
- Press and Hold Power Button for more than 30 seconds
- Nexus 4 will get either Turn off or automatically reboot
- If it’s automatically reboot, than not an issue, your Nexus 4 will working fine
- If it’s turn off, Press the Power button and start the phone
- It might ask for updating many of your installed app. It’s up-to your choice to update them or not, but Ypur phone has reset to original state
- Try to figure out the apps installed since you start facing this issues
- Uninstall all the Applications since the time you are facing the issue
- Reboot the phone by pressing Power Button for more than 30 seconds
- Your Issue is resolved now
If these solutions don’t work for you, than it’s not a software issue and it might be some hardware issue. Please share this post if it works for you.