3 years ago
Nexus 4 Not Charging and Turning On and Died Suddenly – Hibernation Issue How-Tos
My Google Nexus 4 didn’t Power on or charged and I was bit worried whether my Nexus 4 died. But luckily it was not. I figured out the issue solved it and posting it here, so it would be helpful for others.
Battery of my Nexus 4 was running on low Power and than fully drained. After that, I put my Nexus 4 into Charging, but unfortunately Nexus 4 not charging. Also I tried to put it sometime for charging and than tried to turn it on, but unluckily My nexus 4 not Turning On. I pressed the Power button multiple time but nothing worked. Also, I tried both electrical charger and USB charger of Nexus 4 but that also didn’t worked for me. Instead of showing charging Icon on screen, my Screen was completely blank and became unresponsive. I was in a BIG trouble and worried about why my Nexus 4 died suddenly. I was worried whether my Nexus 4 bricked any how. But luckily that was not a case. I found solution.
Actually my Nexus 4 was not died but it went into deep hibernation. deep hibernation means Nexus 4 was actually working but went into deep sleep.
Please follow this simple step for solutions:
- Remove Case or Cover of Google Nexus 4. This is very important No Reason why, but it works
- Press and Hold Power and Volume Down Button for approx 15 seconds or more
- Now continue holding the 2 buttons and Insert USB Charging. (Not Electric charging from wall)
- Also, while inserting the USB cable and after insertion of USB Cable, keep holding 2 buttons. Please do not leave pressing buttons
- Red or Green light will be displayed on Screen
- If It’s Green Light on Screen, you will find a Green Android icon and Menu on Screen. With the help of Volume Up and Volume Down Button, select the option to start and than press Power button to confirm selection.
- If it’s Red Light blinking on Screen than follow the above procedure for 8-10 times until the phone gets charging.
This steps worked for me. I know this is silly to try it for 8-10 times, but it really works if you try it many times. If you are lucky, this might work for 2nd or 3rd attempt. This issue happens if your Google Nexus 4 drains the full battery many times. To avoid this, try that your phone do not completely drain the full battery.
UPDATE on 4th April 2014 :
You can also try to switch between USB power and Wall-mount Electric Charger. In case above trick do not work, you may also try as in some cases it also works. try the USB charger than Electric Wall Mount Charger than again Electric charger and perform it repeatedly. The reason this trick might work is because, in many desktop and laptop, USB plug gets a bit loose, which in normal case functions perfectly, but it might not be able to bring Nexus 4 out of the hibernation. So, meanwhile switching between two power-supplies works in some case.
Also, try avoiding your battery getting low multiple times. Frequent full battery drain is one of the probable reason why it causes the deep hibernation. So, try to keep your Nexus 4 battery level, or if the charging level is only 1% or 2% and the charing is not available to you, than please switch off your Nexus 4. Share your comments.