3 years ago
How to Enable or Disable AutoPlay Media in Firefox and Google Chrome Browsers How-Tos
If you are harassed from Autoplay Media in Firefox, Chrome and other web-browsers like IE and safari, and would like to know how to enable or disable AutoPlay Media in these browsers than We have a solution for you. With the solution, you can enable or disable the autoplay of media content in the web-browsers like Firefox, Chrome etc. It happens many a times with us that we open multiple websites in the different tabs and mostly when we are searching anything, we just open random 7-8 search results in different Tabs and than any one of your tab starts playing some sound and you don’t know in which tab the Sound is playing from.
It creates a most annoying situation when you are in a library or at your workplace and doing some work on your laptop and suddenly some tab in your web browser starts playing some sound and suddenly everyone gives you unwanted attention which makes annoying situation for you. In Google chrome, there is a facility that you can see a speaker icon on top of the tab to display that this tab is making sound. But think of a case when you are working with 2-3 browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and IE and multiple you are opening multiple tab in each browsers and you have no idea where to go to stop this media. Don’t worry, we have a solution for you. Let’s have a look how you can enable or disable Auto-play Media in different browsers.
Enable or Disable AutoPlay Media in Mozilla Firefox
In Mozilla Firefox (and other browsers also)there is a feature called ‘Click To Play’ from where you can enable and or disable of autoplay of media content. Follow these simple steps:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox
2. Goto URL Bar and Type “about:config” and hit enter
3. You will see a notice stating that “This might void your Warranty”. Click on the button “I’ll be careful, I promise!”
4. Now type “plugins.click_to_play” into the Search-bar and hit enter
5. You can see the Value “True” in plugins.click_to_play. Just RightClick on it and Press Toggle.
6. This will make value False. It will toggle value between True and False.
7. If the Value is false, it will not Play media automatically and it it’s true, it will play media automatically.
8. Restart the Firefox and it’s done.
So, by this way you can enable/disable AutoPlay of Media Content in Firefox. Now Let’s see how we can do the same thing in Google Chrome.
Enable or Disable AutoPlay Media in Google Chrome
In Google Chrome, the same thing “Click To Play” is there as it is in Mozilla Firefox. From there you can enable and or disable of autoplay of media content. Follow these simple steps:
1. Go-to Google Chrome
2. Go-to URL bar and type “chrome://chrome/settings/content” and press Enter
3. Now Go-to Plug-In and select “Click to play” and click on Done. Here you could see 3 options as follows:
– Run automatically (recommended) – Google Chrome will play all the available media files.
– Clcik to Play – Medias will not play automatically but when you click it will play media on your click.
– Block All – This will block all the media files in Google Chrome.
4. Click on Done and Restart Google Chrome. It’s Done.
So, from the above trick you can easily enable and/or disable Auto-play of media in browsers. So, when next time you are in a silenceplace and working on your laptop with multiple tab, no worries, you will not be the unwanted attention grabber and will also save some of your bandwidth. Hope you enjoyed the trick.