3 years ago
How to Create a Password Protected Folder Using Notepad Without Any Application How-Tos
You might have many folder’s in your PC which you need to protect by Password and I’m going to show you how you can create a Password Protected Folder using Notepad and that to without need of any third party application. My trick also do not require any kind of applications or software needs to be installed. This will help you to protect your private stuff from unauthorized access. Just follow this simple steps to protect your Folder:
Steps to create a Password Protected Folder using Notepad
1. Goto the Folder you wish to protect by Password
2. Create a Notepad file in this folder
3. Copy and Paste below Code in the file:
title Folder Private
if EXIST “HTG Locker” goto UNLOCK
if NOT EXIST Private goto MDLOCKER
echo Are you sure you want to lock the folder(Y/N)
if %cho%==Y goto LOCK
if %cho%==y goto LOCK
if %cho%==n goto END
if %cho%==N goto END
echo Invalid choice.
ren Private “HTG Locker”
attrib +h +s “HTG Locker”
echo Folder locked
echo Enter password to unlock folder
if NOT %pass%== mypassword goto FAIL
attrib -h -s “HTG Locker”
ren “HTG Locker” Private
echo Folder Unlocked successfully
echo Invalid password
echo Private created successfully
4. Here the default password is mypassword
5. To set your own password, go to line which states: “if NOT %pass%== mypassword goto FAIL”
6. Replace your password with word ‘mypassword’ in this code and Save the file
7. Rename the notepad file to “locker.bat” Please note that you also need to change the extention from .txt to .bat and it is done by rename.
8. Click on the file locker.bat, this will create a new folder named “Private”
9. Now move all your private stuff in this Folder ‘Private’
10. After adding all the private stuff, again run locker.bat file.
11. It will asked “Are you sure that you want to lock the folder?” Press ‘Y’ and than press Enter
12. You will see that the private folder has been hidden
13. Now to access the folder again, run the locker.bat file enter your password and access your files.
Isn’t this amazing. With this simple steps, you can make your private stuff hidden from everybody else. You can prevent all unauthorized access to this folder and that to without need to install any software or application. Only one problem with this trick is that anybody who knows how to play with system files can crack this folder. Anyhow, this is not that much easy to figure out if you are not too techiiiii. So not to worry about that and enjoy the trick.